Tuesday 3 December 2013

1920's Gatsby Girl Look - OOTD

Last week I went to a 1920's Prohibition night at Bloomsbury Ballroom near Holborn for my friend's birthday. It was great fun getting a look together for the night, I tried to be as authentic as possible but probably wasn't! Hope you like the finished look.



I managed to source a lot from my wardrobe, this mini dress from Ted Baker had not seen enough love! The only item I ended up buying are these deco earrings - £3 from Primark! Grab them now for some Christmas sparkle. 




I've included a snapshot of some of the make up I used that evening. The make-up industry exploded in the 1920's, big bold smokey eyes were popular, bright cherub lips and eloganted thin eyebrows. Luckily for me, pale skin was in fashion. I tried out No7's mousse foundation but was not that much of a fan of it - review coming soon. My favourite product I used was the black eyeshadow by Pupa. An Italian brand rare to see in the UK but I picked it up in TKMaxx for just £2.99 - it's pigmentation is so impressive.

What do you think of Gatsby fashion?

1 comment:

  1. Great outfit and makeup, I love 1920's style! I am going as a flapper/gatsby girl for new year x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete