Thursday 10 May 2012

The Aquatic Trend

The spring/summer '12 catwalks were awash with sea themes running through; corals, scales, tropical prints and shimmering metallic fabrics. The high street has come up trumps with affordable alternatives to dip in to this trend...


£1,150 Mary Katrantzou                       £17 Primark

Check out this stunning printed dress by Mary Katrantzou but retails at a scary £1,150 from stylebop.com. Primark does a great alternative for a much cheaper £17!! I purchased mine from the Oxford Street branch, I don't think small branches will be stocking it unfortunately, but it's worth the travel! Fits like a dream in a tulip style, can't wait to wear it.  
Zara have also released their alternative in lighter hues, beautiful for a wedding.

£69.99 Zara

Here is my round up of 'fishy finds' on the high street.

From top left: Zara clutch £29.99Topshop purse £10Topshop belts £14 eachRiver Island top £25River Island earrings £2.50H&M ring £1.99, Miss Selfridge dress £45Topshop t-shirt £25 .

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I feel about this trend, but I have that starfish ring - that's about as fishy as I need to be! Gem x

    ReplyDelete